Return to Play Phase I: July 6-July 19
Below is an update on the protocol for re-entry to sports in Phase I. Please read through this information and do not hesitate to reach out with questions to email@example.com
1. All activities are voluntary.
2. ONLY open to participants and essential personnel (coaches, managers, trainers). No parents, spectators, etc.
3. Participants must have submitted all medical information requirements BEFORE practicing
4. Lockers and showers WILL NOT be available.
5. Report in proper, clean gear that has been laundered since being used last. No sharing with others.
6. All workout clothing is to be laundered at home. The school will not be providing laundry services for athletes.
7. Athletes are expected to leave the school facility and return home at the conclusion of each activity.
8. Athletes are expected to shower at home immediately after practice.
9. Athletes are limited to 15 hours of school-sponsored activities a week.
10. No travel or competition with other schools.
11. Participants bring their own water and water bottles to each athletic activity. No sharing with others.
12. Face coverings will be necessary during pre-screening and when social distancing cannot be observed. Each student should have their own facemask.
13. Social distancing is encouraged.
14. Parents should self-screen their student-athletes before coming to school. Those showing symptoms of COVID-19 without being otherwise explained are to stay home.
COVID-19 symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, the recent loss of taste or smell.
15. Athletes who have had close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed with COVID-19 are to stay home.
16. Before each athletic activity: All athletes and essential personnel will report to the school for a pre-practice school screening. Locations will be announced by each coach.
PHASE 1 –Triton High School Athletic Schedule (July 6 – July 19):
Football: Tuesday and Thursday Activity Days (4:00-6:00 PM). Wednesday Conditioning Day (4:00-6:00 PM) Coach Rodney Younis - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volleyball: Monday and Wednesday Activity Days (10:30 AM - 12:00 PM). Coach Derek Eveland – email@example.com
Boys Basketball: Tuesday and Thursday Activity and Conditioning Days (9:00-11:45 AM). Coach Jason Groves - firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Basketball: Monday and Wednesday Activity Days (9:00-10:30 AM). Coach Adam Heckaman – email@example.com
Wrestling: TBD. Coach - Matt Arvesen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention parents! If your son or daughter is interested in participating in sports this coming school year, there has been a change in what is required as far as a physical goes. Please read the outline below and complete the necessary forms prior to summer conditioning/workouts or the first sport participated in this fall:
In order for athletes (grades 5-12) to participate in sports at Triton, the following information must be provided BEFORE their first day of athletic activities:
- ALL TRITON ATHLETES must submit a completed Health History Update Questionnaire. HERE
- If the answer to ANY of the seven (7) questions on the Health History Update Questionnaire (above) is “YES”, then the student must have a 2020-21 Physical Exam Form completed and dated April 1, 2020 or later. EXAM FORM
- If ALL the answers to the seven (7) questions on the Health History Update Questionnaire are “NO” and the student has a physical exam recorded on an IHSAA form dated April 1, 2019 or later, then a new physical is NOT REQUIRED.
- All TRITON ATHLETES WHO PARTICIPATED in a sport last school year will already have a physical exam on file at the Triton Athletic Office: Students with Physicals Dated April 1, 2019 or later.
- ANY TRITON ATHLETE planning to participate in a sport during the upcoming school year (2020-21) and did not play a sport during the past 2019-20 school year MUST have a 2020-21 Physical Exam Form completed and dated April 1, 2020 or later. EXAM FORM
Please contact Athletic Director, Mason McIntyre if you have any questions. email@example.com..us